Hauptmenü

Header

 

29.3.13

How to Be a Fat Bitch #1

Hello lovelies,

in the last weeks I loved to read the blogposts from a few of my favorite blogs which take part in the ecourse "How to Be a Fat Bitch" from The Nearsighted Owl. This ecourse is free and don't have a time limit, so I decided to enter. Better late than never.

How to be a Fat Bitch ecourse

So here is my article to part #1 of the course: You are Not Giving Up

Assignment:
Write down 5 things that you are going to do that make you happy.
  • playing around with my dog
  • baking cupcakes with my niece
  • a hot bubble bath after a stressful day
  • crafting tiny (glittering) things
  • singing out loud when nobody can hear me


Discussion:

How do you deal with people that make assumptions about you based on being fat?

I tend to answer "Not at all". But that's not the true. I'm already trying to stop justify myself to strangers and as well to friends and family. I did this nearly my whole life and decided that it's nonsense and wasted time. I'll come to the point on which I can say: "When people judge me just about my weight, then they should do. This aren't the people I wanna have in my life." I‘m polite to everyone, but I must not be their best friend. I'M going on to internalise this concept.

Is the best revenge to live well and be happy?

Why should revenge be my impulse to live well and happy? This makes no sense to me. I'll try to live well and happy, because it's better than live a sad and grumpy life. Not because I can show others "the finger".

How do you feel about the concept of there being a "good fatty" and a "bad fatty" perceived in society?

I'm trying not to care about it. Even the first point, this is a form from regulate your life from the outside. But I should be the boss of my underpant, shouldn't I?
I know, to say this and to live this is a huge difference. But every change starts with making a decision. And I decided not to care about what others say anymore.

Love, Mel … xoxo

Kommentare:

  1. Yes you are totally the boss of your own underpants and no one else has the right to tell you otherwise! x x

    AntwortenLöschen

Feel free to leave a comment. I'm happy about every single one I get. And be sure: I don't bite, maybe just nibble a bit. ;) xoxo